Trip Code: ATSK06
Duration: 18 Days
Difficulty Level: Strenuous
Minimum Altitude: 1,308 m/4,291 ft
Maximum Altitude: 5,143 m/16,873 ft
Best Season: March-May & Sept.-Dec
A certain amount of awareness in you is reflected by your desire to be in the existence of Kanchenjunga. In addition, there is a strong potential that interest in the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek will increase significantly. Its realization and transformation allow for recreation, joyness, enjoyment, and pleasure.
In local terms, Kanchenjunga denotes “basic awareness.” Interest as whole awareness realizes into joyful wholeness, a high state of recreation qualitatively. The notion of Himalayan wisdom (awareness) is flexibly applied to transform interest in you to be in Kanchenjunga’s existence toward joyful wholeness.
The Kanchenjunga Circuit walk takes you through the landscapes and from a low loop of the Kanchenjunga massif to pine forests at higher elevations, showing a magnificent mountain range in the Kanchenjunga region. Consider the majestic Mount Kanchenjunga panoramic views and their astonishing existence. As you pass through the remote villages, your level of awareness assists you in discovering the inner strength of the surroundings.
Kanchenjunga is also popularly known as the “Sleeping Buddha.” Kan, Chen, and Jungha denote the head, belly, and knee. So you may see Buddha sleeping peacefully if you can simultaneously see all three of these peaks. This hill is sometimes referred to as the Sleeping Buddha because of this.
By following your inner, transcendent need to be in the Himalayas, we guide you to the Kanchenjunga Circuit route. Our recommendations are meant to help you pursue joy, bliss, and excitement.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Highlights
- Explore the isolated routes in the eastern regions of Nepal
- Stunning central, northern, and southern views of Mount
- Kanchenjunga, the third-highest peak in the world
- Awe-inspiring valleys with Sherpa and Limbu culture’s traditional way of life
- View the Kanchenjunga trekking route, including Rathong, Kabru, the glacial excursion around Ramche, etc.
- The 2,035 square kilometer Kanchenjunga Conservation Area is remote and home to an unspoiled natural heritage
- Discover wild and domestic animals like yaks, snow leopards, musk deer, red pandas, etc.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Route Map
Are you wondering about the map of the Kanchenjunga trek? If you click the infographic image below, you will see the route map of Kanchenjunga. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek distance is 18 days, starting with the adventurous flight to Bhadrapur and driving to Taplejung.
Kanchenjunga Circuit trek distance from Kathmandu is about 220 kilometers. Then your trek starts to Chhiruwa, Japantar, Ghunsa, Khambachen, and finally to Pangpepa and then back to Ghunsa, Steam, Yamphudin, Illam to Kathmandu. You will also see the extension route in the Kanchenjunga region on the map. Upon your interest, we can also use other branch routes for a more exciting view.
Is Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek difficult?
Kanchenjunga in Nepal is classified as a challenging trek location. By challenging, we mean that there are numerous mountain passes to cross while experiencing challenging ascents and descents. Also, this trek is difficult because of the duration you have to invest in trekking. For more than two weeks, you will be traveling through small communities in rural areas.
You have had enough time to acclimate during the trek, but we still ask that you start getting in shape three months before the trek. The harsh, unpredictable weather and AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) are the major problems of this climb. Stay hydrated, and don’t worry much, as your guide is well-qualified to manage all emergencies and extreme circumstances.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Permit
You will need two permits to enter Kanchenjunga Area. Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project Entry Permit (KCAP permit) and a Restricted Area Entry Permit for the trail in Tapethok and Yamphuding VDCs.
The procedure for a Restricted Area Entry permit could take longer than two hours. Additionally, it can only be used once the group has arrived. There is no process for advanced reservations, and each group must consist of at least two trekkers. A guide certified by the government must lead the group.
Note: In most cases, while preparing official paperwork, you will be required to submit passport-size photos and a copy of your passport. So, be sure to bring at least 8–10 passport-size photos. We will complete all legal requirements and acquire all required permits for your trip.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost Details
- Bus during the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic Flights from Bhadrapur and return back
- Permit Cards Expenses
- Experienced Himalayan trek guide for 17 days
- One porter for two of you for trekking for 13 days (prepare to give max. 15 kgs’ luggage from each of you so that it will not exceed 30 kg. for your porter)
- Basic yet comfortable accommodation for 16 nights on a twin-sharing basis during the trekking as per itinerary.
- Staff insurance
- 17 x set breakfast, 16 x set lunch and 16 x set dinner while on the trek
- Purified drinking water during the entire trekking as per itinerary
- General first aid medicine kit
- Complimentary T-shirt
- Duffle bag during the trek
- International Flight Fare
- Food and Accommodation in Kathmandu since there are many possibilities available.
- Personnel expenses of any kind
- Any Travel Insurance
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances.
- Tips for any staff and guide
- Anything that is not listed in the “PRICE INCLUDES” section above