Duration: 10 Days
Difficulty Level: Medium
Minimum Altitude: 823m/2,699ft
Maximum Altitude: 4,660m/15,288ft
Best Season: March-May & Sept. - Dec
Are you on the hunt for the less explored and short trek around the lap of the Annapurna Region? If that’s the case, then we will suggest the Khopra Danda Trek, also known for the grandeur of the Annapurna Region. This trek features every beauty that has to offer at every turn. It includes glorious mountains, deep valleys, tranquil forests, farmlands, and local settlements.
Khopra Danda Trek, also called Khopra Ridge Trek, is a less beaten path trek with an excellent option for a short trek. You will pass through fast-flowing rivers, lush forests, captivating Himalayan views, cultural villages, and farming lands. Keep your eyes open and feel your presence in your body and the larger space around you. Also, appreciate the presence of rhododendron forest, Himalayan wildlife, and grazing herds of yak.
One aspect that has been achieved with persistent interest is recreation. Enjoy your interest in enjoying the surroundings during the walk. Pass through the ups and downs and let your attention be drawn toward the beauty you will find in every curve. Complement the view of mountains including Annapurna Range (8,091 m), Hiunchuli (6,470 m), Dhaulagiri (8,176 m), Tukuche Peak (6,920 m), Nilgiri Himal (7,061 m) and many more.
Khopra Danda Trek Highlights
- Enjoy a fantastic sunrise over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurnas.
- Panoramic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak, Mt. Nilgiri, Annapurna Range, South, Mt. Hiuchuli, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Manaslu, and many other mountains
- Unwind in a completely natural hot spring.
- Off-beat path for an adventurous journey, including magnificent forests of trees, including oaks and pines, and rhododendrons.
- Visit Khayer Lake after an exciting and rewarding trek to an altitude of 4,660 meters, considered a holy site by Hindus and Buddhists.
Khopra Danda Trek Route Map
Are you wondering about the map of the Khopra Danda trek? If you click the infographic image below, you will see the route map of Khopra Trek.
We have designed the digital map for simplicity and practicality and to enhance your trekking experience. In addition, this map portrays the extension trails, peaks, rivers, and religious sites. Click the infographic image below to learn about the route.
Khopra Danda Trek distance is ten days, starting with the scenic drive from Kathmandu to Dharapani. The whole distance of the Khopra Danda Trek Itinerary is about 320 km. The distance differs from the days of the itinerary and the trek start point. Our trek starts ahead of Nayapul, Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Chistibung, and finally, Khopra Ridge.
We will return to Dobato, Ghandruk, Pokhara, and then Kathmandu. On the map, you will see the extension route of the Khopra trek. Upon your interest, we can also extend the trail to Mohare Trek or ABC Trek for more exciting adventures and views.
Is Khopra Danda Trek difficult?
The Khopra Danda walking path is surprisingly demanding, given that it is at most 4,000 meters in altitude (12,000 ft). A significant section of the trek is entirely uphill on steep slopes. The trekking distance is extremely extensive. However, we only need to walk for up to five hours daily.
Sometimes you have to walk for six hours straight, so we highly recommend making preparations before trekking. When hiking for a significant distance, the trails will take you from a lower to a higher altitude.
Khopra Danda Trek Permit
Khopra Danda Trek requires two permits: an Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit and a Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card). Before starting a trip in the region, you need all the above permits. At different checkpoints along the way, you will have to show them.
For more info, visit: Trekking Route and Permit Fee
Note: When making an official document, you usually have to give a copy of your passport and a photo the same size as your passport. Bring at least eight to ten passport-sized photographs. We will acquire the necessary travel permits and handle all legal documentation.
Khopra Danda Trek Cost Details
- KTM-PKR-KTM bus fare as per itinerary
- Permit Cards Expenses
- Experienced Himalayan trek guide for 09 days
- One porter for two of you for trekking for 07 days (prepare to give max. 15 kgs’ luggage from each of you so that it will not exceed 30 kg. for your porter)
- Basic yet comfortable accommodation for 06 nights on a twin-sharing basis during the trekking as per itinerary.
- Staff insurance
- 06 x set breakfast, 07 x set lunch and 06 x set dinner while on the trek
- Purified drinking water during the entire trekking as per itinerary
- General first aid medicine kit
- Complimentary T-shirt
- Duffle bag during the trek
- International Flight Fare
- Food and Accommodation in KTM and PKR since there are many possibilities available.
- Personnel expenses of any kind
- Any Travel Insurance
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances that may lead to a change in itinerary.
- Tips for any staff and guide
- Anything that is not listed in the “PRICE INCLUDES” section above