Trip Code: MTMB01
Duration: 20 Days
Difficulty Level: Medium
Minimum Altitude: 1,345 m/4,412 ft
Maximum Altitude: 4,870 m/15,977 ft
Best Season: March - May & Sept. - Dec
It has been observed that the desire to be in a high existence like Makalu Base Camp Himalayas transcends the individual. Interest in passing through remote Himalayan existence, such as Mount Makalu Base Camp, is understood as transcended interest.
Take a closer look at the graceful Mount Makalu vistas and their fascinating existence. Your level of awareness helps you discover the inner strength of the surroundings as you pass through the remote villages and their unspoiled nature.
In local terms, Makalu denotes “the great (one) time.” The notion of Himalayan awareness is flexibly applied to evolve interest in you to be in Makalu’s existence toward joyful wholeness.
Makalu, known as the sided pyramid, is one of the harder eight-thousanders. Even the route is considered one of Nepal’s most difficult trekking routes. Guiding experience in the core of central Himalayan existence since 1990; it is experienced that rear interest in being in the Himalayas often realizes and transforms in you toward wholeness.
We lead you toward the Makalu Base Camp trail based on your deep, natural desire to be in the Himalayas. We completely aim for our guidance to support you in your passion for joy, bliss, and fulfillment.
Makalu Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Panoramic picture of numerous mountain peaks, including Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Mt Chamlang, Baruntse, and many more
- Encounter the fifth-highest peak in the world, Mount Makalu, surrounded by seven valleys, and visit its base camp
- Experience the welcoming Sherpas, Rai, and Shingsawa communities, having several different cultures, each with its traditions
- Enjoy the lovely Jungle while strolling through the Rhododendron woodland, rivers, and Georges in a lush valley
- Magnificent Makalu Barun National Park beauty with wildlife like Red Pandas and some of Nepal’s other rarest and most endangered animals
Makalu Base Camp Trek Route Map
After 25 minutes, we will fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Chichila. This trek takes you through the scenic nature and settlements of Num, Tashigaon, Dobate, Yangri Kharka, and Makaly Base Camp. The trek will take you through beautiful mountain scenery and charming communities surrounded by Sherpa and Tibetan peoples. Around every edge is a fascinating glimpse of the high Himalayas, with entire horizons opening up to you as you reach the high points of your trek. We will return from the same route to Tumlingtar and fly back to Kathmandu. You can look at the infographic image of the map of Makalu Base Camp for a basic idea.
Is Makalu Base Camp Trek difficult?
Undoubtedly, the Makalu Base Camp trek is one of Nepal’s most technical and challenging trek. Since the area is one of Nepal’s most unexplored and remote areas, it is a challenging journey. Along with that, during this difficult walk, you will ascend over 5,000 meters. There is also a possibility of altitude sickness if done incorrectly.
You must be mentally and physically fit to take part in this trek. We suggest you jog, visit the gym, or go on a few short treks around the area. The trail is challenging. However, with our expertly prepared Makalu Base Camp Trek itinerary, appropriate guidance, and months of tough preparation, you will receive an adventure of a lifetime and spectacular natural beauty.
Makalu Base Camp Trek Permit
Permit types required for the Makalu Base Camp trek are; Makalu Rural Municipality Permit and Makalu Barun National Park Entry.
These are all preserved areas, and all the fees paid for permits will be utilized to improve the area.
For more info; please visit: Trekking Route and Permit Fee
Note: In most cases, while preparing official paperwork, you will be required to submit passport-size photos and a copy of your passport. So, be sure to bring at least 8–10 passport-size photos. We will complete all legal requirements and acquire all required permits for your trip.
Makalu Base Camp Trek Cost Details
- Bus Fare during the trek as per itinerary
- Domestic Flights for KTM to Tumlingtar to KTM
- Permit Cards Expenses
- Experienced Himalayan trek guide for 19 days
- One porter for two of you for trekking for 17 days (prepare to give max. 15 kgs’ luggage from each of you so that it will not exceed 30 kg. for your porter)
- Basic yet comfortable accommodation for 18 nights on a twin-sharing basis during the trekking as per itinerary.
- Staff insurance
- 18 x set breakfast, 18 x set lunch and 18 x set dinner while on the trek
- Purified drinking water during the entire trekking as per itinerary
- General first aid medicine kit
- Complimentary T-shirt
- Duffle bag during the trek
- International Flight Fare
- Accommodation in Kathmandu since there are many possibilities available.
- Personnel expenses of any kind
- Any Travel Insurance
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances.
- Tips for any staff and guide
- Anything that is not listed in the “PRICE INCLUDES” section above