Mera Peak Climbing Nepal
Being the highest Nepal Mountaineering Association climbing permitted peak, Mera Peak Climbing is well known among mountaineering expedition adventure holiday makers in the Himalayas. The peak lies in Everest region of Nepal but inside Makalu Barun National Park and Nature Conservation Area. The Mera Peak expedition route separates from Lukla through remote route via Chetrala, and Khare. This advantage you from use Everest Base Camp route specially those of you who prefer less tourist busy route.
Sagarmatha National Park and Makalu Barun National Park and Nature Conservation Area are center for Himalayan ecological lover! is rich Himalayan biological route inside most part of Makalu area and some part of geographically Everest region Nepal. Eco-friendly adventure team developed Mera Peak Climbing expedition provides opportunity to observe many glacial lakes and glaciers of Everest Himalayas. Our itinerary is also significant to observe Himalayan flora and faunas during the trip.
Mera Peak Climbing Expedition
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350M/4425FT) (A)
Showing your name board, our airport representative waits in Kathmandu International Airport (TIA). You transfer to hotel, check in and free time. Have enjoy!
Day 2: Trip Final Preperation in Kathmandu (A,B)
In the morning, generally at 8 am, Eco-friendly Treks staff come to meet you at your hotel. Please manage to be there at lobby with:
(a) your original passport to prepare necessary adventure eco holiday permit/s from the concerned authority
(b) a couple of same passport size photos for permit/s and
(c) Trip final full payment. The staff introduce you with your trip guide at the same time. You have time to interact with your guide, he may check and suggest your trip equipmment and packing for the trip on your interest, please tell us if you like this. The rest of the day, you may buy or hire additional equipment and packing (if necessary). Then, you rest for acclimatization and final preperation for the trip. If you like any additional program for the day, please inform us at the time of mail corresponding.
Day 3: Fly to Lukla flight (2,800M/9,178FT) (35min) Trek from Lukla to Chutanga (3050M/9998FT) (A,B,L,D) (3-5 HRS)
Today, we will leave Kathmandu and take a flight of Lukla. Then our trek begin to Chutanga which takes around 3 to 4 hours towards east from Lukla. Stay overnight at camp/lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Zatrawala Pass (4610M/15111FT) to Zatrabok (4704M/15420FT) (5HRS) (A,B,L,D)
Today, after breakfast we will follow trails to cross Zatrawala Pass. On the way, we can enjoy the breathtaking views of Numbur Himal, Kongdi Ri, Karyolang peak and many other beautiful mountains. From Zatrawala Pass we will reach Zatrabok after 1-2 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day 5: Trek to Kothe (4200M/13767FT) (A,B,L,D)
Today after breakfast, we will trek to reach our today’s destination Kothe. On the way you can view the scene of forests of juniper, rhododendron, Mera Peak and other local vegetation. Overnight at guest house.
Day 6: Trek to Tangnang (4356M/14279FT) (5/6 HRS) (4600M/15079FT) (A,B,L,D)
Today morning we will start our trekking to Tangnag which takes around 5-6 hours. Overnight stay at guest house.
Day 7: Rest day at Thangnang.(A,B,L,D)
Today is acclimatization day. You can have rest, relax for sometime and enjoy the beautiful views of peaks and glaciers surrounding. Overnight stay at guest house.
Day 8: Trek to Dig Kharka (4659M/15272FT) (4HRS) (A,B,L,D)
Today we will trek around 4 hours to to reach Dig Kharka. Overnight stay at lodge.
Day 9: Trek to Khare (5045M/16537FT) (4HRS) (A,B,L,D)
Today we will trek Khare with outstanding sceneries. Overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Rest day at Khare.(A,B,L,D)
This is an acclimatization day to be prepared for the Mera Peak climb. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Mera La Pass (5350M/17537FT) (A,B,L,D)
Today we will trek up to Mera glacier. We will pass through glaciers. The remaining route up to the summit of Mera Peak is clearly visible. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Mera Peak High Camp.(A,B,L,D)
Today we will trek to Mera Peak High Camp. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 13: Climb High Camp (5780M/18947FT) (A,B,L,D)
Today, we are trekking to high camp which is located at about 5,800 meters. Under normal conditions we can walk around very easily. This camp is in an excellent place with wonderful views of many Himalayas like Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Lhotse etc. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Climb Mera Peak and return to Khare camp at Khare.(A,B,L,D)
The climb to the summit of Mera starts today but it depends on weather conditions. The summit will appear above the head of a wide glacier. Mera actually has three summits, the highest one is our goal. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek to Kothe (8 HRS).(A,B,L,D)
Today we will trek back to Kothe. First we reach Tangnag, a small village. To reach Kothe you follow the same kind of path. On the way you pass forests covered with fir, rhododendron, local vegetation and many other natural scenery. Overnight at lodge.
Day 16: Trek to Zatrabok (6 HRS).(A,B,L,D)
The trail goes up all the way to Zatrabok. On the way you pass forests and green hills. Overnight stay at lodge.
Day 17: Trek to Chutanga (5HRS.)(A,B,L,D)
We are following the same trail which you took to go up, but you will get different views. We will reach Chutanga at about 5 hours of trek. Overnight stay at lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla (4-5 HRS).(A,B,L,D)
With the beautiful views and flowers we will start our trekking to reach Lukla. You can also enjoy the views of Numbur Himal, Kongdi Ri, Karyolang peak and also many more mountains and peaks. Overnight stay at lodge.
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu (Flights also available) (A,B,L)
After our breakfast, we take a drive to Kathmandu or take a flight to Kathmandu.
Day 20: At Leisure/ Spare day (A,B)
Day 21: Departure to your destination (B)
Today is your departure day, we will drop you to the International airport to catch your flight back to your home and pray for your Safe journey.
(Abbreviation: A = Accommodation, B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Guide & Logistics
- We meet you at Kathmandu airport and transfer to your hotel
- Double room in sharing basis with breakfast at 5 star hotel in Kathmandu
- Three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as per itinerary at main trip duration
- Required permit/s for the trip
- Experienced trip guide and his daily expenses (meals, transport, tent, insurance)
- Land transfer to and from trip starting and ending points as per itinerary
- Domestic Airfare if needed (confirm this at the time of trip booking with us) and 100 kg cargo each
- All taxes (Value Added Tax and income tax if/when apply)
- We transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for onward flight as per itinerary
- Agency service charges
- Supporters (Porters) during the trip
- Kitchen utensils required, during the trip
- Kitchen tent / Kitchen (camping) charge at base camp during the trip
- Toilet tent and pitchment charge at base camp during the trip
- Double tent for each of you up to base camp
- Tent grounding service to be paid at local
- Charge of Sleeping bags during trip
- Other supports: first aid kit during main trip
- Laison Officer and his basic costs
- Mountaineering guide (Sherpa) per client is required during climbing period.
- Mountaineering royalty and permit for Nepal Government
- Staffs (Manager, Cook, Kitchen, assistant) charge
- Required fixed and dynamic ropes, ice axe and other gears during climbing period
- Oxygen bottles and mask
- Satellite phone carrying by guide for communication
- First aid medical kits for porters and staff members
Price NOT Included:
- Lunches and dinners
- Your any type of insurance
- All except explained in “Cost Includes” above
* Please submit the form below with your full details and inquiries.